I decided to revamp my H5P interactive video on Powtoon and make it more interactive and effective in knowledge transfer. I also reflected on the comments I got on my blog feedback and incorporated an image in my blog that related to my topic. 

Looking back at Dr. Ray Pastore’s video on multimedia learning principles, I added the segmenting principle to my new H5P video to enhance the learner’s attention and learning comprehension. The segmenting principle states that people learn better when information is presented in learner-paced segments rather than as a continuous unit. I also included the signaling principle which is the idea that people learn better when cues are added that highlight important information. 

In my original H5P video, I only included one multiple choice question and one text box. I want to add to this to better conform to multimedia learning principles and engage the audience even more. Therefore, I decided to add one more multiple choice question, two true and false questions, and one encouraging text box at the end of my video. By using three different prompts, I have demonstrated the segmenting principle because the information is broken up into smaller units. This also gives the learner various learning opportunities and different ways of looking at and retaining the information. My multiple choice questions also incorporate the self-explanation principle because I am able to make sure the learner is following along and processing what is being taught. Additionally, my updated video demonstrates the signalling principle because the text boxes act as cues over the video and signals the attention of the learner without disrupting the flow. I also included a text box at the end of my video to hopefully leave the learner feeling accomplished and like they learned something.

My new and improved H5P video showcases a better range of multimedia learning principles and learning theories that will hopefully help learners follow along more efficiently and call attention to the main lessons of my video. 

Photo by https://www.powtoon.com