With the transition to online classes in March last year, I was very nervous and questionable as I had little experience with online learning before the pandemic and I didn’t know what to fully expect. However, based on the continuing semester so far, I am optimistic and have been getting into the swing of things. I know that some days will be better than others as I am still learning how to learn effectively online. 

Therefore, it is very important to first figure out what type of learner you are so you are able to understand how you retain information to further maximize your resources. This is different for each individual, your personality, and the type of class you are enrolled in. There are many different types of learners such as verbal, auditory, kinesthetic, reading/writing, visual and many more. It is also worthwhile to think about if while you learn, you use a learning, design, constructivist, behaviourist, or cognitive theory or model. I am a visual and behaviourist learner so I find that online learning is very helpful and productive because I learn from videos, powerpoint lectures, and positive reinforcement. If you would like to figure out what type of learner you are, please visit this website: http://www.educationplanner.org/students/self-assessments/learning-styles-quiz.shtml

Photo by Beci Harmony on Unsplash